Monday, November 30, 2009

Make-up: Cheap (drugstore) vs. Expensive (departmnt store) ?

I know some products are worthy to splurge on and others are cheap and do the same effect as the expensive ones...





What cheap products (from drugstores!) do u think are similar to the expensive ones?Make-up: Cheap (drugstore) vs. Expensive (departmnt store) ?
Eye liner, eye shadow, lip gloss, concealer, and mascara I can go cheap on but foundation, powder and other skin things, I splurge on.





For concealer, Cover Girl seems exactly like Clinique. For pencil eye liners, Maybeline's is just like the department store brands. For Mascara, any store brand is usually fine but I get Loreal. Lip gloss can be any brand and the same with eye shadow.Make-up: Cheap (drugstore) vs. Expensive (departmnt store) ?
Covergirl


Revlon


N.Y.C.


Maybeline


Love My Nails


Max Factor





As for skin care, I would splurge on it. After all, you have more skin, and it brings out the natural you.
cheap ones work just as well as name brand.





like you can get mac and covergirl and stuff at a drugstore.





i love them!





and you still have money to buy other stuff later


: )
I buy an expensive foundation to get the best match with my skin tone. Just about everything else I get from the drug store. L'Oreal True Match products are excellent - especially the concealer and the powders. And basic Maybelline mascara is as good as any expensive brand.
L'Oreal is exactly like Lancome. In fact, L'Oreal owns Lancome.
Two things I will splurge on is skin care and foundation. I have acne prone skin so if I can find something that works well for me, I'll spend the extra money. The way I see it is I only have one face, I better take care of it! I like my $4 covergirl mascara and $3 lip gloss!
Buy things like mascara and nailpolish and eyeliner from drugstores. .. you can try out a bunch of different colors and shades before you find the one you really like.





But for anything skin care related (foundation, powder, blush) I would suggest going to Estee Lauder or Lancome (that's personally where most of my makeup is from) because you don't know how old drugstore foundation is and it's not worth risking your skin.





Go expensive on skincare, and cheaper on lipglosses etc.
I buy expensive brands of skin care products (skin refiner, night cream, etc) and foundation then use the bonus color product. Over all, I'd say for eye shadows, lip gloss/sticks/liners, blush etc, there's no difference. But the more expensive foundations, powders and concealers offer more coverage, often longer lasting with better texture. My favorite is from Sisley, about $100/bottle, a very thin layer offers alot natual-looking coverage.
I have found that it doesn't matter what you spend on cosmetics; it is all about what is IN the products and how it works for you. For example, I used to spend a lot of money on Bare Minerals. I thought I had to spend that kind of money to get the results it gave me. I found out over a year ago that there are other brands out there that perform the same and I found one that I have been using a love it just as much It is called kms mineral essentials. I first bought my products on ebay, and now I get them on their website.





My favorite lipliner was purchased at walgreens for $1.99! It is called I-jordana I think. It is retractable and I love the color! I also love neutrogena's mascara. It just simply works the best for me.





So if you find something you love and it saves you a couple of bucks, all the better! :)
I think that the best one to buy form drugstores would be mascara, nail polish... just try things out first because it all depends on how you would look with it. But probably buying the more expensive powders whould be better depending on how your skin may react
nyc


wet and wild


E.L.F.





I think that lip gloss is pretty much the same. I wouldn't say eyeliner bc i'm very picky about my eyeliner and sometimes the cheap ones just don't go on as smoothly as the more expensive ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash