Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Where can I purchase a ';roll-up'; mirror? How can I make a large framed mirror for cheap?

hmm, don't think I've seen a roll-up mirror. Maybe mylar but it's not that reflective. As for the large framed mirror, purchase mirror tiles and adhear to a board backing. Frame with garage sale or flea market frame......better start with the frame first which means you may have to cut the mirro tiles. Then again you can make your own frame.........do the flea market/thrift store search and keep your mind open, but please, no toilet seat frames.Where can I purchase a ';roll-up'; mirror? How can I make a large framed mirror for cheap?
If I understand right, these guys have your answer: http://www.mirrorsheeting.com/


They sell metalized Mylar sheet in what must be rolls. For example: 1/2 mil, 4 feet by 25 feet $8. The site even has instructions for framing to make mirrors. (That's a lot of mirrors!)


I expect shipping to be more than the material; it might be better to ask them to point to your local retailer (art and hobby supplier?).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash