Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How do I make up for being cheap?

Hi..


I have had a boyfriend for a year now and recently his cousin has asked for something from my mom's shop which costs 86$. My mom has kept reminding me to ask him for the money. Well I gave him the item he asked me how much he owes me and I said ';86 but ill ask my mom for sure how much). 2 hours later my boyfriend called me and got angry with me for asking for his money. His cousin has always treated me when all three of us go out. Now I realize that he's probably spent 86$ times ten on me and I don't know why I didn't think of it when he asked me how much he owes. I shouldn't have asked him for anything but now it's done and i feel like I seem so cheap. I heard he is upset that i said he owes me. I am a generous person but I guess I got preoccupied with my moms money before thinking sensibly/What should I do to make it up??Please help!!!How do I make up for being cheap?
Call him and explain to him the truth that he doesn't owe anything and that you really appreciate all that's he's done for you and if you want take him to lunch.How do I make up for being cheap?
While it definitely sounds cheap, It was your Mom's request not yours. Some how relate that message back to your BF and cousin, and maybe take them out to a movie or something to make up. If you don't have the money ask your Mom if you can cook for them and maybe have a movie night at your house.
first off explain that he doesn't owe you but your mom there is a difference he took you out to dinner or treated whatever it was it was you not your mom he took out right i don't think its being cheap explain he owes your mom and not you shes running a business if your man cant understand that then i cant help you
Don't ever ask him about it again... If he brings it up, tell him ';Hey I was just kidding... you mean you really thought I was asking the money back? Of coz not..'; and laugh it out... explain this to your boyfren too.. such things do happen.. it's ok.. don't feel too bad...
Never borrow money, its wrong.
Business is business and treating is exactly that treating. I think he is cheap to expect or imply that you have offended him or attempt to make you feel guilty for handling business. If it was your item you can do with it as you please, but considering your mother is selling this thing, you have an obligation to protect her and her business. You are not cheap. Don't feel guilty. In the future don't allow this person to treat you considering it isn't treating when you want something or a favor in return, that is called trading.
This is such a tricky situation, but remember, it wasn't u that was asking for the money, it was for your MUM'S shop! So technically, the item wasn't urs to give away, it was your mum that was due the money for it. Ok, you weren't thinking at the time, and prob shud've paid for it out of your own pocket and given your own money to your mum, but you obviously can't do that now or it would look bad. The question is, why do u allow your boyfriend's cousin to treat you, and have no problem accepting his generosity when you don't return the favour?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash